MEET THIS YEARS TINY SHOW RESIDENT’S 2018
Meet the 4 successful Tiny Show Residents who Branar will support in the development of their seedling ideas for young audiences this autumn/winter 2018.
Do you have an idea for a show for young audiences?
Would you like to explore that idea?
Do you want to work with new art forms?
Branar’s Tiny Shows/Seóanna Bídeach initiative offers artists & theatre makers time and space to explore & develop new skills, new roles and new work in a developmental context.
This weekend long residency will facilitate the early stage development of ideas for new shows for young audiences.
The structure of the initiative sees 3 artists, of different disciplines (e.g. dancer, musician, set designer) come together on a Friday morning. One of these artists will coordinate and lead the artistic activity over the weekend.The artists will be encouraged to play and experiment in a supported environment. On the Sunday evening, they will present and share their work with an invited audience of peers.
Each Tiny Show/Seóanna Bídeach concept selected will be allocated €500 towards their weekend residency. Previous recipients of the Tiny Shows residency have secured further support from local and national funding bodies as well as presenting venues/festivals.
The residency provides artists with the opportunity to:
– try out new and early stage seed ideas for young audiences
– explore working in a collaborative environment with fellow practitioners
– explore areas of practice, including live music, dance, puppetry, clown, mask, text and new media
– experiment both with form and their own artistic practice in a supportive environment
Expected outcomes of this initiative include:
– Exploring and gaining experience with new theatrical forms.
– The development and creation of new work for young audiences.
– Encouragement to the create of work for children.
For further information or questions about Tiny Shows 2019, please contact Kate on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This initiative is kindly supported by the Arts Council.
Applications are now closed for 2018 and will reopen in spring 2019 for the next round of applicants. Please check out our social media or join our mailing list to keep up to date on application opening/deadline.
If you would like more information about our Tiny Shows Initiative, please contact Kate on email@example.com